All of our in-person staff is fully vaccinated. Many of our clinicians have transitioned back to in-person services either full-time or with a hybrid in-person/telehealth model. We continue to be vigilant about virus protection.
- Masks are required in the waiting room. You and your clinician may decide whether to wear one in-session. Masks are available if you don’t have one.
- Walking sessions are available from many clinicians (on the B-line, Cascades trail, Karst and other locations around Bloomington).
- Outdoor sessions are available at our picnic table in the back yard, under a large umbrella, and the table is sanitized after each use.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, and everyone uses it upon arrival or washes their hands.
- We use mobile payment sites, Google Pay, Apple Pay and hands-free processing for credit cards. Ongoing clients can also vault a credit card.
- All of our paperwork and all releases are digital, and available through links, so no paperwork has to exchange hands.
- Our receptionist works behind a large sneeze guard.
- Gloves are worn by staff when handling trash or deep cleaning.
- Commonly touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day
- Bathrooms have spray bottles of disinfectant. Everyone is asked to spray down surfaces (sink handles, toilet, door handle, light switch) when leaving the bathroom.
Here are the precautions we ask our in-person clients to take before visiting us in-person:
- Please wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the building.
- We ask that you not shake hands, hug or touch your clinician. They will do the same.
- If your child is the client, you will need to make sure that your child follows all of these sanitation and distancing protocols.